Establishment of Community eCenter

A Community eCenter or CeC is a self sustaining shared facility providing affordable access to ICT-enabled services and relevant content. It serves as a conduit for efficient delivery of government and other services and a potent tool for empowerment and participation of unserved and underserved communities in development—now in Piñan Municipality, located in front of the Municipal Hall is reaching out to provide the following services soon:

1. Computer Use (with internet access—with and without camera)
2. CD Writing/Burning
3. Scanning
4. Xerox
5. Fax
6. Printing
7. Video Editing
8. Layouting

The CeC shall be in full operation by January 2012. Skills training and/or enhancement for out of school youth and interested others shall also be conducted in the facility.

GEM Projects

Growth with Equity in Mindanao (GEM)—A foreign assisted project (USA); of which Piñan is a beneficiary is currently supporting two of the infrastructures under construction in the municipality; located at Barangays, Luzvilla and Teresita; namely: LUZVILLA BARANGAY BRIDGE and TERESITA BARANGAY BRIDGE respectively. The first is 22.78 meters long while the latter is 70 meters. The project would be a good help to the locals in both of the barangays in transport and commerce. The community is funding 75% of this project while the other 25% is by the sponsoring sector. The fund has been taken from the Development Fund of the LGU.

Improvement of Municipal Health Center

A need calls for improvements of the Municipal Health Center of Piñan; for example: CR is out of order, a ramp is needed to accommodate disabled patients—as per Batas Pambansa 344 requirement, and partitions for pregnant women and patients waiting rooms and other parts of the facility necessitate.

The said improvements were started on the first week of October this year and are expected to get done by the last week of October, 2011. Funding of the project is from the Development Fund of Piñan LGU.